Winter Camp Registration
February 1-3, 2019 at Hulbert Outdoor Center
Course Descriptions | Schedule | Registration | Instructor Bios | Sponsors
We’re so excited you’ve decided to join other adventurous women at the Winter 2019 Camp!
Please read these important notes before you complete the registration form:
- Check the Winter Camp page for updated information
* Class schedule may change due to circumstances beyond our control.Winter Camp Schedule
* Some classes fill quickly, so sign up for alternates -- and you might be able to switch to your favorite class at camp.
- Winter Camp registration is on a first-come- first-served basis. You do not need previous outdoor experience to attend. Each class is designed to offer hands-on experience for beginners and pros alike in a supportive environment. Participants must be at least 15 years of age and participants less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Meals & Lodging: Delicious, hearty, balanced meals are served buffet style in Hulbert’s sunny dining hall. Accommodations are in Hulbert’s comfortable, winterized cabins. Each has four bedrooms with four beds & two bathrooms, each with two showers and two toilets. The cabins are equipped with easily converted twin-size loft beds to accommodate either double or quad occupancy. Bring your own blankets, pillows, linens, and towels or rent them. Program fee is based on quad occupancy. You can upgrade to double occupancy for a fee (limited availability).
- Activities: There will be lots of opportunity to hone your skills, learn something new, and relax by the fireplace. All classes are taught be volunteer outdoor educators.
- Equipment: Most classes will be outside on the snow or ice, so dress comfortably and sensibly. Bring warm, waterproof boots and clothes, since classes will be held regardless of weather. Please read the class descriptions carefully for details on what clothing/gear and levels of physical activity and experience are expected. More detailed information will come with your confirmation packet. Most equipment is provided (exceptions are noted in course descriptions); however, please feel free to bring your own equipment.
- Firearms and Fishing Licenses: All attendees must comply with applicable State and Federal laws concerning the use, transport, and storage of firearms. In addition, your firearms MUST be stored, unloaded, and kept in a locked case or with trigger lock. If you bring your own firearm, please bring a cleaning kit and two boxes of new factory-loaded ammo. If you intend to fish, bring your current fishing license. Purchase your license online.
- Confirmation: Upon receipt of your payment, we’ll send you email. A letter listing your class choices and schedule will be sent as soon as it is available. Directions to Hulbert Outdoor Center (scroll to the bottom). Please consider carpooling!
- Cancellation Policy: Vermont Outdoors Woman will accept cancellation and will refund the entire amount of your deposit if the cancellation is received before Jan 18, 2019. Request for a refund must be received in writing or via email; no phone cancellations. Cancellations after Jan 18, 2019 will forfeit the entire program fee. Substitutes are allowed.